Finalising ideas.

February14

With only two weeks to go and ever changing ideas it was time to decide on a final idea. Still focusing on the number 8 I decided that every minute of my performance a slide was going to pop up saying what had happened in the last minute/2 minutes etc around the world. I then thought a little further and decided that I could film something over the period of eight hours and then speed it up so that it shows for 8 minutes, and throughout the video the slides showing what has happened over the eight minutes could be shown. I chose to film my back garden as it showed the changing weather throughout the day. As my camera only filmed for half an hour I had to load each video onto my laptop every 30 minutes and then start again so the video was not continuous. Seen as my dogs are in and out of the garden all day there was no way I could cut them out of the video but decided they were much of a bother because they were part of the natural course of the day, as were my dad and brother working on the garden. Never being a fan of technology the situation was not made any better when I filmed the final part when the sun set, put it on my laptop, and then it completely vanished and was no where to be seen on my laptop or the camera, so I had done a whole days filming for nothing. The next day I filmed again, and (I can’t believe it either) the final video did not work again. I was not going to do a whole other days filming, and couldn’t just film night time of a different day as my garden had been changed slightly, things weren’t on the washing line, a big object in the middle of the garden had been moved etc. Once I had edited all the videos to make an eight minute video in movie maker I decided to put a sepia effect on it as I liked the old style it gave it and covered for the fact that there was no sunset.

This is the end project:

I decided to cut the video of my garden down to seven minutes and then to add on a video of myself eating my breakfast and music (which will both be explained in the next post)

Posted on – April 30th 2013.

4

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment: